Thursday, January 3, 2013

Totally forgot I was doing this...
Holidays come and gone. Now its time to ramp up for 2013.  Big stuff our way.
-New years at the house was a win/lose, as the weather kept us from having the time we had expected.  It was kid-a-riffic tho.  Ear plugs were needed by all.  I made my usual 5+ gallons of gumbo, proving you CAN put over 14 pounds of meat into one dish. I think the roux turned out better this time, but I can't take credit. 
-Aubrianne and I are starting to redo some stuff in the house, starting mainly with the floors.  The carpet is killer on our allergies, especially with a 75 pound Catahoula Curr.  We ripped out all the living room carpet on day two of the month, and are probably going to wait till this weekend to tackle the other rooms.  We will be putting some wood or woodlike substance down in its place, though, Im growing fond of the simplicity of concrete.
-While I'm speaking of her, let me also say, I love that woman so much.  I can't say I've ever felt so connected to anyone ever. Atta Girl.
-Ink In A Blink, our little screen printing shop, is growing is weird ways we had not expected.  We have gotten signed on with a much larger distribution company, our supplier actually, to teach their classes every month.  We started this back in September'ish.  Its been nice to meet with all of the new entrepreneurs, and help them to be successful. I love getting calls and emails.  We are really getting in touch with a lot of people through the classes.  We are also looking at hosting some general business webinars online in the coming months, to tackle things we hear other local small businesses struggle with. We have also partnered with an online firm that offers web hosting and ecommerce solutions, and we will shoot to help businesses that way too.  We consider ourselves very fortunate that we have been able to grow as effectively as we have, and we have many thanks to give to our friends and family for the support.  2013 is going to be REALLY cool for Ink In A Blink / www.geauxink.com
-I tried to pack on 30 pounds before the end of the year, so that I could lose it all again on my personal dietary plan, but was only able to get up to like 188lbs (from 165 lol).  I will be starting on my regimen this coming Sunday, so expect to hear some about that. 
-I officially gave up homebrewing.  I know.  Shock. I loved it, and was very good at it I think, but over the years, I just haven't had the time to devote to it.  There are a quite a few local homebrewers in the area, and just for fun, I listed everything I had yesterday online.  It sold in hours.  Damn.  Well, I'm not done with beer, I love a good malty brew occasionally.  But, homebrewing will have to take a back seat for a while.  Someone will make good use of all that equipment. 
-The jeep is about due for some general maintenance.  I am replacing some shocks this week, general stuff like oil and filters, probably belts soon, I need a new front glass, and who knows what else.  Aubrianne gave me some Sweet new seat covers, matching up the exterior black and yellow, and I can't wait to see the top off this summer.  Its going to look stellar!  Need to get those half doors installed STAT!
-2013 will be a big Flex Pool nursing year for me as well again.  I am really enjoying the 'agency style' nursing shifts, being able to plan around my life more easily.
-Cayden is doing fantastic in school.  He had hit a little hump there for a while, and was on the tilt a bit, getting in kiddo trouble at school.  He has worked through it, and it really doing well.  Oh my he is growing up so fast.  I just love that little boy so much!
-Speaking of growing up fast, Avery might as well be enrolling in college next year.  Gosh, for an 8 {almost 9} year old, she is really solid and responsible.  Aubrianne has done an incredible job as a mother with Avery, and I'm so glad she is there to support and help me with Cayden as well. 
-Our chickens are STILL making eggs.  Maybe 1.5-2 a day, but thats incredible.  We are having freezing temps, and their little biological clock hasn't stopped.  I'd like to add one more to the mix I think.  :)
-We have been toying with the idea of taking a concealed carry class.  Not just because of all of the recent news regarding shootings and legislation and whatnot, but because we are gun owners and pro civilized gun ownership.  We both agree that a concealed carry class is one more level of mature, responsible gun ownership.  Knowledge is power.
Ok, thats the update from my end of the world.  See ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment